Monday, March 8, 2010

MichCanSka Arrives in Tok, Alaska




After days of trials and tribulations, the 54 MichCanSka riders began, this morning, their quest to complete their journey "over the top" to Tok, Alaska. For Bill Bradfield (the President and founder of MichCanSka) it marked the completion of a dream - three years in the making. For others, it was equally satisfying for each and everyone of them in their own individual and private way.

Unfortunately, despite having traveled for 19 days without incident - two riders had disabling mishaps and were hospitalized with minor injuries. At last word, they will be flying back to Michigan rather than making the arduous journey back by truck.

The rest of the of riders will be the honored guest at a banquet hosted by the city of Tok, and spend the day tomorrow riding the trails around the area of Tok.

The following day they will return, once again, to Dawson and (with the snowmobiles loaded safely) in the trailers, prepare to make the long trip back to Michigan.

6 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed your blog, thanks for sharing your view point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your blog, Rex. It has been full of details not included in the Group Updates. I almost feel as though I was there, following along, but from the safety and warmth of home. You are a wonderful writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Cynthia and the two anonymous comments. I very much appreciate your reading my blogs and hope that you will continue to do so in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have enjoyed your accounts of the trip to alaska. Am familair with your home town. Have a daughter who teaches there. D. West

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks also, to Anonymous III. I'm not familiar with your daughter, but I'll ask around and if successful tell her that I received your kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated final thank you to Anonymous I & II - your kind words are much appreciated and I hope you will continue to follow my blog.

    ReplyDelete