Monday, January 25, 2010

North to Alaska!

Just as soon as the announcement was made that Alaska trip would most likely not happen, I got the word that it would indeed happen. At least, that's what they are telling me.

A meeting is scheduled for Saturday to meet and further arrange the details, and that will likely clear up a lot of the fog surrounding the whole affair.

As I understand from the small amount of detail that I have, the route will start from Sault Sainte Marie in Michigan's Upper Peninsula and pass through Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, Montana and end in Idaho before turning north into Canada to connect to the Trans-Canadian Trail. From that point, my guess-to-mate is that Alaska, is probably some 1500 "rugged" miles of Canadian Rocky Mountain trails, in the distance

Part of my reasoning for wanting to take the trip is in order for me to be able buy some time before heading for the Baha. There are a few personal details that I am just not comfortable in leaving the state without more answers - answers that just take time to work out (the bureaucracy you know!)

In the meantime, you may have noticed some changes in the appearance of my blog site. The Google Adsence Ads are part of a first attempt to monetize the blog site.

It was my intent to make motorcycle parts, accessories and clothing as well as some travel related items available here; and it still is in the works, but thus far I haven't been able to get details inserted correctly. Bear with me and I'll - "Git'er done!"


No comments:

Post a Comment