Monday, November 30, 2009

Making Plans

Things unraveled a bit at my brother Don's. After dropping my bike at Chickasaw Campground, I decided to try to do something to prevent the same thing from happening again.

At the Harley Davidson dealership in Newnan, they suggested that to try lowering the bike from 1"-2", in order to lower the center of gravity and give the bike better balance.

It sounded sensible, so I agreed, and gave them the go ahead. Unfortunately, before they got started they found an extensive list of things that they deemed in critical need of repair - including a rear brake and tire. After looking at the $430 bill for just the brake and tire. The $200 lowering job, no longer seemed near as important as it had before. The lowering job would just have to wait.

After four days in Newnan, the bike was ready to go and it was time to get back on the road. Many thanks to Don and Mickie for all of their help.

The latest plan was to go to Stone Mountain, Georgia just west of Atlanta, then south to Andersonville, Georgia and finally to Jacksonville, Florida.

After thinking it over, the best (most scenic) route appeared to be by way of Savannah. Since I had always regretted how little time I spent in Savannah on my last trip, it sounded like a good idea to try to make amends and revisit Savannah.

It was a done deal - plan in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment