Monday, September 6, 2010

My Wings Have Been Clipped - Plus, the Horror of Horrors

Fortunately I was able to keep my home from going into foreclosure, but not without the help of my family and not without significantly draining my already marginal reserves; also, my wings have been clipped - there is no way (for the time being at least) to continue my motorcycle travels.

Not to belabor the point (well, perhaps a little), I "owe it all" to President Obama's plan - "Making Your Home Affordable" (see my previous blog).

Now my mission is to find a way to refinance my home, get approved for the Obama plan or find a similar plan to bring the monthly payments into the range of affordability.

If I fail in all of the above efforts, my only remaining option is to sell my home.  I don't want to sell, my home is my sense of security, a board to cling too in a "sea of turmoil", a comfort zone - the nest I can return too when all else goes awry.
              _____________________________________________________________________

The above was written on Saturday before I had opened my Saturday mail.  Today (Monday) I went the mail box and returned to the house to check out what Saturday's mail contained.

Horror of horrors - the blood drained from my face as I read that the checks I deposited on the 1st of September didn't clear in time and MY HOUSE HAS GONE INTO FORECLOSURE!

The money had to be deposit by the 2nd of September and although, it was in fact deposited on the 1st, the funds were not "available" in time to cover the transaction.

When I deposited the $24,000 on the September 1st, I told my banker that - "there was not any way that the funds (from the deposited checks for $24,000) would clear in time to cover the $21,711.79 required to keep my house from going into foreclosure."

My banker assured me by depositing the moneys into my account he would be able to make sure that my account would show the required funds as being available in my account and therefore guarantee that the payment would in place to cover the required $21,711.79.

Needless to say - "that didn't happen!"

Tomorrow is another day, but as it now appears I have not only lost my home (and approximately $180,000 in equity); but another $21,711.79 which was apparently - uselessly spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment