Monday, October 19, 2009

Day Fifteen - The Return Home

In the morning I awoke to the unexpected sound of voices - not good! It had been my intent to wake peacefully undisturbed, and depart from the area undiscovered. Being that it was Saturday, I was confident of that happening - Wrong!

Fortunately, however, after hearing voices, I quickly rolled up my sleeping bag, tore down the tent, packed everything, made sure the area was clean and departed the scene without consequence. Although I was clearly trespassing, they thankfully, for "what ever reason" decided to allow me to vacate area on friendly terms.

Left with no other options, I brushed my teeth and "showered" with my washcloth, bar of soap and water bottle, and struck out for what I knew would be a long day.

Although, I had been there before, it would have been nice to make a return trip to Gettysburg, but the with my remaining resources, that was no longer an option. The entire trip had, thus far, covered some 2400 odometer miles, Bronson, Michigan was still over 600 miles away, and I was determined to sleep there tonight!

It was, of course, cooler now, but I was dressed for the occasion, and at least wasn't raining.

The mountains of Pennsylvania are always beautiful, but with the fall colors in full bloom, the Harley ride along our nations first turnpike was - pure pleasure.

Unfortunately, that changed as I crossed into Ohio, the terrain flattened, the sun began to set and, as a consequence, the air cooled quite drastically. The last 100 miles were - not fun; and when I finally got-off my bike, I found that I could no longer turn my head in either direction, but "time heals all wounds" and - I had made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment