Tuesday, May 11, 2010

All That Jazz!

The third time is a charm!  After two other attempts I was finally able to download the pictures from over a week ago.
              _______________________________________________________

The following blog was written two days after the attending the New Orleans Jazz Festival, but I wasn't able to get the videos to download and the blog was never posted.  Today I'm going to post the blog without the video that was intended and then, after the fact, try to edit the post and add the video - What you see is what you get!

               ______________________________________________________

How fortunate, for the past two weeks New Orleans has hosted the "New Orleans Jazz Festival 2010."

I have always wanted to go the Jazz Festival, but have never had the good fortune to do so - until now; and what a treat it was.

It surprised me (although, in retrospect, it should not have) to discover such a fair-like atmosphere at the "Jazz Fest." There booths with vendors displaying and selling their arts and crafts, revelers toting parasols and of course, what would an event in Louisiana be without - food, food and more food.

Though I'm no art critic, I enjoy in particular the very unusual and unique variety of African Art; particularly the art from Zambia and Zimbabwe.

Although I only spent one day I enjoyed it all.  A very special treat was the brass and woodwind sounds of the likes of Pete Fountain and all of the dancing and parading that accompanied it.

Enough said!  I hope that the pictures and accompanying video give you a taste of the spirit of the New Orleans Jazz Festival 2010.

2 comments:

  1. We would have loved to attend that festival. You did good!

    Ooooh, my crawfish ettouffe ... I had to learn how to cook that after tasting in New Orleans ages ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to "bringordertoyourlife" - and your correct the crawfish etouffe is delicious!

    ReplyDelete