Saturday, April 24, 2010

Getting Back on Track

Did you ever notice how things have a way going awry?  Murphy's Law, "If anything can go wrong, it will!"

I'm not usually so pessimistic, but it seems that since leaving Michigan that my blogging routine has gone - anything but good!

All of my blogs' are first written on Notepad and edited for errors using Microsoft Works Word Processor (before adding pictures and posting).

The other day, after writing a new blog, I inadvertently open a second Notepad (bad move) and saved the second Notepad after having saved the first (are you following me?)  Of course, the second Notepad did not contain the new post; hence, the new post was lost for all time!  To compound the problem, I had delayed posting the blog in an effort to take one more photo (deemed critical to the blog) and did not realize that the blog was lost until another day had past.  In short, I "screwed up!"    

Now, to resurrect things becomes harder with each passing day.

Let's digress.  I left Michigan on the 16th of April, bound for New Orleans with the intended purpose of picking up my motorcycle and embarking for "parts unknown."

It was the 16th of December when I left New Orleans after having first stored my motorcycle in Mandeville (located on the north side of Lake Pontchartrain across the causeway - the world's longest bridge - from New Orleans) at the home of my friends' Bernard and Carrie Smith.

In addition to storing my motorcycle and giving me a place to stay while in New Orleans, and on top of his job as the Assistant Prosecuting Attorney to St. Tammany Parrish, building a new home and caring for his invalid mother Bernie has been assisting with my sordid legal issues.  He is an amazing man and a true friend - blessed with intelligence and wit that compliment his vibrant personality.  

Four months after having first left New Orleans, and I'm am only now just getting started; and the "plans" are in a state of flux.  Bernie has helped to convince me take in some of the sights in and around New Orleans before heading west; and therefore, that is my immediate mission.

Tomorrow - exploring the Honey Island and Manchac Swamps.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining my blog Michelle - keep in contact and ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rex Randy Have a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete