Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Day Two - Ashland, Wisconsin



Almost reminds me of the military, it has been a day of - "Hurry up and wait!" When you think about it is easy to understand. We are driving the highway at about 50-60 miles an hour, while our counterparts on riding winding snowmobile trails which are sometimes well groomed and, hence, leading to a smooth and fast ride; but more often the trails rough riding and slow.

In either case the trails almost always winding and seldom lend themselves to long stretches of sustained high speeds. Therefore, although they may have short bursts of speed where will hit speeds of 80-90 miles an hour (or even higher), they will likely have an average speed of 25-30 miles an hour from point A to B.

Therefore, much of the day has been spent, waiting for the riders to complete their designated stretch of trail; had then driving ahead to the next stopping point from 25 to, perhaps, 60 trail miles distant.

It all part of the bargain that I bought into, and I have no regrets. I do, however, hope that the scenery and events that follow will make it worth while.


2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that the last paragraph is a repeat! Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jamie, I will make the correction. I REALLY apprreciate your you advising me whenever you see an error/.

    Thanks again,

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete