Sunday, September 20, 2009

Still - Getting Started

My original plan was to go "North to Alaska" via my Harley. However, there were too many things to get done before leaving in order to be able to meet a departure date and return before the winter weather hit.

Alternatively, I considered Quebec to Newfoundland and Nova Scotia, but after considerable thought - that too, seemed unreasonable. I needed a more moderate and sensible plan as a first venture, in order prove myself.

Okay, in order to provide a framework, why not (I asked myself) start a campaign to visit various civil war battle fields on the Harley. I reasoned that in that way, the weather was more favorable, the trip was shorter and more suited to a trial plan and the civil war would provide a historical back drop for writing blogs.

I am not an authority on the civil war by any stretch and this site is not and will not be - all about the civil war. As I said before, this site, is a work in progress, and the hope is that it will always remain just that. Subjects, can and will change as the situation warrants. Future plans are not limited by the Harley and include Indian archaeological sites, Mayan and Inca archaeology, Easter Island and Galapagos Islands; just to give you "a feel" for the sites intent.

So, that's the plan, as it presently exists - on to Shiloh (the start of that - awful war).

No comments:

Post a Comment